Eradicate the newsfeed . Feel calmer, get things done and have a taco
We all have this passive aggressive relationship with our social platforms. Yes, the same ones where we surreptitiously check out what our "friends" (people whom we decided to add/ follow/ creep) are doing.
It is not a statistically proven sample, but speaking from common sense, these I guess, are some of the pet peeves.
- Folks who are always posting stunning pictures of traveling to exotic places, while you constantly scratch your head about the state of your bank balance
- Folks who are giving pointed passive aggressive advice about life (when they have not had a good day)
- Folks who have a point of view with equal conviction about Donald Trump, greenhouse emission, singularity, fake news, ai, economics, politics and North Korea
- Folks who are checking in somewhere all the time. Office, pub, bar, coffee shop, shopping mall, local park, but most ostentatiously AIRPORTS. Business lounges seem to be a fan favourite. The dotted arc with air miles comes a close second. The selfie in the business class seat while connected to the airline wifi - the winner
- Folks who mark themselves safe, after a 30-minute downpour, or an earthquake in another city
- Am yet to come across anyone, who checked in while going to Bangladesh or Botswana- but will keep a lookout
Anyway, you get the drift. We all have our good days and bad days, and nowhere is this social phenomenon more prevalent than on Facebook. Good bless and love the newsfeed.
The thing is that it's easy to tune this out. People have the democratic right to post whatever they want. You also have the democratic right, to overlook the updates that get your pulse rate beeping faster.
Alas, life is not that logical. Every now and then we all have this habit of wallowing in self-pity. We know we need to ignore, and yet, we end up peeking.
Boom - pulse rate fastens.
Don't stress. If you have to have Facebook logged in, while going about your day without the extra drama of having to worry about why everyone but you, has made it to Amsterdam, Chrome (that fantastic browser which has an extension for everything) has an answer.
NewsFeed Eradicator is a Chrome Plugin which makes your entire Facebook newsfeed disappear. So you get your notifications, ping messages, comments and friend requests - but tune into the NewsFeed and nada. Nothing. A gray wall of nothingness with a single inspiring life quote, to bring you back to the more mundane tasks of life like - "have to get the laundry done."
Wait, there are more tacos to this plug-in. You can write your quotes or disable them entirely!!
Love developers who build this stuff up. Bless them.
Try it and have a taco while at it. It's fun.